If you want the most advanced, most powerful, most upgradeable and highest quality system available, then here it is! Whipple Superchargers has yet again set a new precedence for bolt-on power with the all new Stage 1 Supercharger system featuring the new record breaking Gen 5 3.0L Whipple twin-screw supercharger. The Stage 1 system bolts to the factory engine with no cutting or grinding while using the stock 80mm throttle body. The stage 1 system makes up to 600* tire shredding foot pounds of torque and 700* horsepower to the flywheel!
The all new Gen 5 supercharger features the latest rotor technology which includes a 3/4 rotor combination, with improved sealing, higher efficiency and more power to the wheels than previous generations. The all new F150 system also features the inverted supercharger, which nestles the supercharger in the valley of the block. The air goes through the massive patent-pending intercoolers for industry leading thermal efficiency, then down the runners for mind blowing performance.
Nobody puts more time and resources into the development then Whipple. The proof is in the product, more power per lb of boost than any other system. The key to making such incredible reliable power is in the Whipple unique twin screw supercharger, massive air-to-water intercooler, oversized Crusher air system and innovative PCM programming that keeps the power-train safe and secure. Whether you’re looking for a daily driver that needs a little more punch or you’re craving a tire-frying, rubber shredding street machine, the Whipple Supercharger systems delivers like no other SC system today. Power from tip in to redline, the new Whipple SC system makes incredible power across the entire rpm range while maintaining industry leading drive-ability. Each Whipple system comes with the new Whipple flash tool which allows each customer to load the calibration into the PCM, read and erase codes and the ability to customize wheel/axle sizes.
Today's F150's are speed density based and very difficult to properly calibrate. Whipple, with its proprietary software adds a 3-bar map sensor to measure manifold pressure under boost, along with an air temp sensor to properly vary spark advance at all different rpm points. The 10-speed transmission is recalibrated to keep the engine in its peak torque range at nearly all RPM points along with keeping the offroad, tow, eco and sport modes available so the user keeps all available options. No other aftermarket calibration can adapt and learn as the Whipple calibration.
- Largest intercooler system on the market, featuring patent pending technology
- No other upgrades required, just massive power right out of the box, works with stock 80mm throttle
- Front entry Gen 5 W185ax (3.0 liters/3000cc) Whipple twin-screw supercharger that significantly outperforms competitions 2.3L and 2.65L roots-type systems
- Gen 5 supercharger features new 3x4 rotor combination for increased RPM capacity, large diameter for increased airflow and small leak path, increased helix for optimal sealing
- 3.0L is 13% larger than 2.65L roots-type allowing lower power draw and lower discharge temps to flow the same amount of air (more power to the rear wheels)
- Oversized Crusher™ 150mm inlet for maximum airflow capacity and minimal rotor cavitation
- Inverted design allows for oversized intercooler core compared to other smaller intercooler cores giving Whipple lower air charge temps which allows more boost and timing to be run on pump gas
- Massive air-to-water aluminum bar-plate intercoolers (over 55% larger than some competition) offer more cooling than any other positive displacement system available, nothing comes close
- Massive oversized aluminum intercooler reservoir (over 2 gallons) holds more than double any competitors IC water system allowing longer more consistent power levels vs. competition
- High flow intercooler pump, nearly double the flow of the standard units others use
- Whipple Superchargers massive oversized intercooled air-bypass system for industry leading reduction of burst knock and incredible fuel economy
- Included OBDII flash tool, new Tomahawk flash tool with the new Flight Control technology
- Tomahawk allows wheel/tire axle changes (a Whipple exclusive)
- Exclusive 3x4 rotor combo for significant increase in airflow under the curve than less efficient 4x4 roots
- Extra plenum volume below intercooler core for far less pressure drop and better use of the increased surface area of the massive intercooler core
- More boost at the "hit" than any other twin-screw
- Flat torque curve for incredible acceleration
- Fits under factory hood with no modifications
- No cutting or grinding on the engine block
- No internal modifications required
- Kits come complete with all necessary parts and hardware for installation
- Plug and play wiring with male and female connections
- Proven 6-rib belt system with heavy duty spring loaded tensioner and adjustable idler system
- OEM quick connect fittings for easy installation
- Available in wrinkle black, polish, Ford textured blue or any custom color
- Easily upgradeable with bigger throttle body (132mm or 150mm Roval elliptical), dual electric Spal 11" high speed fans
- Instant boost at the touch of the throttle
- Easy belt changes
- Lightweight pocketed 6061 T6 billet aluminum SC pulley
- Iridium spark plugs included
Front Inlet vs Rear Inlet:
The Whipple front feed system is far superior to other, smaller supercharger rear inlet based SC systems for a very simple reason, less inlet restrictions. The fact is simple, the front entry systems do not require multiple 90deg bends or one sweeping 180deg bend before the SC inlet, which causes unequal rotor filling and lower volumetric efficiency. The new Whipple system only has 1 gradual bend, less than half that of the rear entry style systems.
Rear inlet systems also sacrifice the rear inlet to clear the firewall in most cases, or there’s a big need to shave the SC too far forward, making the discharge pointed up and away from the intercooler core, making the air have to make another turn just to get to the intercooler core. It’s simple, the more work the air has to do, the lower the power gains are going to be.